Greek Gorge Challenge
24 - 27 September 2017
REGISTRATION FOR 2017 IS NOW CLOSED
Our Greek Gorge Challenge is set in the stunning Pindus Mountains in northern Greece, and takes you through the spectacular Vikos Gorge in the Zagori region - one of the World's deepest at 1600m in places. A unique opportunity to trek in this remote corner of Europe - with limestone peaks, dramatic gorges, mountain lakes, dense woodland, and stone villages.
This challenge is tough - with 2 long days on foot with some big ascents enroute - widely regarded as the most beautiful trail route in Greece - and will be unforgettable!
Day 1- Sun 24 September- Arrive in Greece - morning flight
- Depart London on group flights
- Arrive in Preveza or meet at airport (if own flight)
- Relax and enjoy the local village
- Greek Dinner, briefing, sleep!
Day 2 - Mon 25 September- Trek 36km & 2100m climb
- Breakfast & Early start
- Tsepolovo Steps - 1200 cut from stone
- Lunch in heart of National Park
- Past lakes and Astraka & Gamila Peaks
- Down to the villages of Megalo Pagingo
- Guest house, dinner, briefing
Day 3 - Tues 26 September- Trek 32 km & 1500m climb
- Early morning start
- Arrive at the Vikos Groge
- Lunch at 13th Century village
- Climb up to Monodendri village
- Official finish line and medals
- Hotel, Celebration dinner & party!
Day 4 - Wed 27 September - Return to UK
- Transfer to Preveza airport
- Fly home!
* Flights & schedule subject to change. Thessaloniki airport may be used instead of Preveza.
- Participant area on website - kit lists/training plans
- Return Flights London to Preveza (land only option available)
- 1 hotel night in Tsepolovo (twin share - single option available)
- 2 nights in local villages
- All meals - including breakfast on final day
- Full support from our team - rest stops, snacks, meals
- Mapped & guided route, medics
- Glass of fizz & medals at the finish line
- Celebration dinner and party
- Pre event briefing in London - get to know your team!
- Optional training walks/treks
- FREE place on one of our 50km UK Ultras
How to Join:
SELF FUND OPTION - You pay the full cost - just like a holiday
FUNDRAISING OPTION - A minimum target for a charity of your choice
FLIGHTS - Included in either options above - OR you book your own
OPTIONAL EXTENSION - Stay on for excursions with transport & hotel
Call 0207 609 6695 or email firstname.lastname@example.org