14 - 17 September 2017
If Sicily is the most charismatic island in the Mediterranean then Etna is its iconic beating heart. On the Mount Etna Challenge, you will spend 2 days traversing the mountain - and climbing to more than 3100m as we skirt past the smokey summit. In this tough trek, we bring you to the Europe's highest active volcano - and enroute you'll get full support, great hospitiality, delicious food, and beautiful scenery with stunning views over the coastline.
Day 1- Thurs 14 Sept - Arrive in Sicily - morning flight
- Depart Gatwick to Sicily (Palermo Airport)
- Transfer to hotel in Nicolosi on slopes of Etna
- Welcome dinner, briefing, & sleep!
Day 2 - Fri 15 Sept - Trek 40km & 1350m climb
- Early breakfast & transfer to Monte san Leo start
- Rest stops and lunch enroute.
- Camp at Clan Dei Ragazzi
- Italian BBQ at campsite
Day 3 - Sat 16 Sept - Trek 36km & 2300m climb
- Early breakfast & start from campsite
- Rest stops enroute & lunch near Etna Observatory.
- Final push to 3109m - witness some volcanic activity!
- Descent down black volcanic scree to Sapienza
- Official finish line photos, medals, & Prosecco!
- Transfer to hotel
- Celebration dinner & party await
Day 4 - Sun 17 Sept - Return to UK
- Transfer to Palermo airport - fly home!
* Flights and schedule are subject to change.
Participant area on website - kit lists/training
Return flights - London to Sicily (land only available)
2 nights in a hotel (twin share - single option)
1 night of camping (twin share - single option)
All camping equipment (excl. sleeping bag)
All meals, including breakfast on final day
Full support from our team - rest stops, snacks, meals
Mapped & guided route, signage, medics
Glass of fizz & medal at the finish line
Celebration dinner and party
Pre-event briefing in London - with our team
- Optional training walks /treks
+ FREE place on 50km UK Ultra Challenege
How to Join:
SELF FUND OPTION - Pay the full cost - just like a holiday
FUNDRAISING OPTION - A minimum target for a charity
FLIGHTS - Included in either option OR book your own
Call 0207 609 6695 or email email@example.com